Cookies and Similar Technologies Policy
MorCare, LLC, a Harris Healthcare company, (also referred to as “we”, “us”, and “our”) respects the online privacy of its members and other visitors (“you”) to www.morcarellc.com (the “Site”).
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small file created by a web server that can be stored on a user’s device for use either during a particular (“session” cookie) or future (“persistent” cookie) browsing session. This file may include information about internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), URLs of any referring or exited webpages, operating system, and/or date and time stamps.
First-party cookies are set by the website you are visiting, and they can only be read by that site. Certain features of our Website use session, persistent, and flash cookies.
“Session” cookies are temporarily stored on your hard drive and only last until they expire at the end of your browsing session or after a set time period. Our Website’s session cookies are required for log in to access secure areas of the Website and to process e-commerce transactions. “Permanent” cookies remain stored on a user’s hard drive until they expire or are deleted by a user. We use permanent browser cookies on our Website for log in purposes and to recover certain preferences set for use by you during repeated visits to our Website.
Third Party Cookies
You also may encounter third party cookies on our Website. Third-party cookies are cookies that are stored on your web browser by a party other than MorCare, LLC and may gather browsing activity (such as information you have entered or choices you have made) across numerous websites that you visit and across numerous browsing sessions. These cookies also help improve how MorCare, LLC ’s Websites and services function and perform, customize your interaction with our Websites, and help provide more relevant messaging and marketing communications to you. MorCare, LLC is currently using third party cookies to track and analyze usage. If you wish to delete Third-party cookies, you should adjust your browser settings as described in the “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
If you like more detailed information about first party and third party cookies in use on or related to this Website, please contact us. You also may learn more about internet advertising practices and related consumer resources at www.aboutads.info/consumers/ and youronlinechoices.eu/ (if you are located in Europe).
Like most websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may passively collect information about your browsing activities using cookies and other automatic data collection technologies, such as Internet tags, or web beacons (clear gifs., pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, etc.), to improve website functionality and analytics.
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels” with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contract to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisible on web pages when you open a page.
- Social Widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by third parties.
- UTM Codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator”, which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Application SDKs: These are mobile application third-party software development kits that are embedded in Apps (and are used in many mobile applications). These app SDKs permit the collection of information about the App itself, activity in the App, and the device application on which the App is running.
The aggregate data collected by these passive technologies typically does not target any personally identifying information (PII) or other personal data, but personal information we store about you may be linked to information stored in and obtained from cookies in order to improve our marketing, analytics, or website functionality.
We use tools that prevent us from collecting or maintaining your location information, including Google Analytics Anonymize IP, which interferes with collection and recording of your full IP address and anonymizes your IP address as soon as technically feasible by hiding part of the IP address. To learn more about the tool in use, visit support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=en.
Google Analytics and Similar Technologies
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by MorCare, LLC on the Site.
Google Analytics has certified compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Other Third Party Technologies
Some third parties may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about you when you when you browse the internet. The information they collect about your online browsing activities over time and across different websites and other online services may be associated with your personal information and used to provide you with targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly or consult their privacy policies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
When a user registers with our Website, the Website will prompt the user to confirm whether he or she approves of the use of a cookie. You may adjust your browser settings to opt out of accepting a “persistent” cookie and to only accept “session” cookies, but will need to log in each time you want to enjoy the full functionality of the Website.
Please be aware that adjusting the Cookie Settings on our Website may not fully delete all of the cookies that have already been created. To delete them, visit your web browser settings after you have changed your Cookie Settings on our Website.
Additional information is provided below about how to disable cookies or manage the cookie settings for the leading web browser providers:
- Google Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
Changes to This Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this webpage. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by posting on our Website home page as well or provide notification via email, if appropriate. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of this page.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using one of the methods listed below:
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at:
c/o Harris Healthcare
2300 Corporate Park Drive
Herndon, VA 20171