Facilitate safe, effective discharge planning to promote recovery and reduce readmissions.
The MorCare Discharge Planning module helps care managers coordinate effective discharge planning by assessing patients’ risk, based upon both physical and psycho-social needs. The goal is to design a practical plan for each individual patient based upon their condition and personal factors that will promote the most optimal recovery strategy and minimize any chance for unnecessary hospital readmission.
How it works: Our hospital Discharge Planning software integrates with our Care Management’s Utilization Review and Management features. The software allows managers to enter discharge planning assessments, document patient and family needs and interventions, refer patients to social workers and other hospital support staff, and schedule follow-up reviews.
- Assists in reducing unnecessary readmissions
- Discharge planning assessments, including readmission risk
- Instant access to critical information, documentation, referrals and scheduling with social workers and other hospital support or care provider services to assist in effective discharge planning
- Utilize tools to create customized discharge planning assessments, or to modify pre-configured industry standard assessment forms
- Discharge planning documentation and assessments are automatically interfaced back into the EHR/EMR
- Convenient scheduling of follow-ups and post-discharge reviews
- Documentation of patient choice to meet regulatory requirements