Automation is the future. In fact, nearly two thirds of hospitals are planning to implement additional automation in the next two years.
Arguably automating a process is the easiest way to increase efficiency. That means improving productivity by prioritizing tasks, enhancing and streamlining workflows to save time and reduce redundancy, and improving quality by reducing chances for error. An added benefit is the ability to manage valuable resources more appropriately.
Overall, an automated solution for care management in healthcare can prove to be a significant benefit with a valuable ROI. We’ll be sharing more specifically on this in a blog post to come.
In the meantime, let’s keep things simple. Here are the top ‘need-to-know’ pointers on why you should consider an automated solution for care management in healthcare.
Why consider an automated solution for Care Management?
Here are just some of the top reasons as to how your organization can benefit from a robust healthcare care management software solution.
- It will help ensure timely, efficient, standardized processes with your Care Management workflows.
- Inbound interfaces from your EMR allow for the automatic identification of appropriate patients for pre-admission, observation, admission, readmission and continued-stay reviews.
- Tasks are assigned to specific team members, and placed on configurable, role-specific worklists.
- Medical necessity criteria can be documented via an automated process.
- Standardized documentation and clinical information packets can be sent automatically to payors for authorization.
- Automated referrals are made to internal and external physician advisors.
- Care assessments, interventions and documentation are utilized to ensure continuity of care and effective hand-offs.
- Easy access to online documentation of patient and family needs and interventions for Discharge Planning, including transportation and required post-discharge service types and provider.
- Documentation of patient choice to meet regulatory requirements.
- Discharge planning documentation automatically flows back into the EMR.
- Ability to communicate electronically with a national database and network of providers to coordinate appropriate follow-up care.
- Secure portal connects hospital care managers and post-acute care providers.
Learn more about MorCare’s Care Management Solution here, or feel free to connect with us!